Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Here are a few of my favorite things


This week I am sharing my love for the book " The Glass Castle" by the American Journalists Jeanette Walls. Jeannette has lived in New York as a successful journalist for MSNBC and has never opened up about her childhood until she wrote this memoir about her upbringing.
I first read this book two years ago and listen to it on Audio book as I was driving miles and miles a day from school to work. I instantly was intrigued and couldn't stop listening to the successful women and all the "Crap" she went through and still is very successful. It was an eye opener to me that it doesn't matter where you come from you truly are your own person and make your future.
Throughout the book she describes the hardships and crazy things her parents think are normal things to do. I don't want to give away the book but it is amazing and I am going to be reading it again. I gave it to my grandmother to read and she is in awe of the hard things this women went trough growing up. Overall this is a great book, especially if YOU thought you had a hard childhood;think again.
I have heard many rumors about making this book into a movie and I know I will be there opening night. There is no release date but there has been talk that Jennifer Lawrence will be in it? I don't know how I feel about that yet just because she is such a big actor. 
That wraps up my weekly "Here are a few of my favorite things "
Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment